Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Kluang Railway Coffee

My shoulder's still sore... another part of my body that is also sore is my heart (metaphorically). And eyes... (something to do with the heart). So sore that I've nearly forgotten about the pictures I took when I was in Kluang last month.


We (as in my parents & I) went to the ever so famous cafe called the Kluang Railway Coffee. Since I didn't drink any coffee (such a spoiler), I ordered 2 sets of its home-made kaya toast and a teh tarik. Felt like heaven for a while there.

Overlooking the railway... from our small table near the cash counter.

Everything, the ambiance is still the same as when it was 20 years ago (as per what my Papa claimed it was) except for the obvious signs of aging of the building. But the multi-layered peeled-off paint, the rusty chicken-coop wire that acts as a gigantic windows to the cafe, the low kopitiam-style tables all add to the nostalgic feeling of the place.

What it feels like to be here... when the train comes??

Not to mention the food. I felt like I relive the good old days where everyone knows each other, where crime is defined by not greeting/respecting your elders. It is a very good place to recollect yourself. It felt like a home away from home, especially on a rainy day.

That's my mom on the right!

I kept on hearing my dad telling me that there used to be an Indian uncle selling nasi lemak and curry puffs on the train (anyway he always took the train from here to SDAR in Tanjung Malim in 1960's). He repeated the story every time we went here ;p I guess that's how I'll be in 30 years time... reliving the histories of my life to my children and grandchildren.

I'm beaten (physically & mentally) with workloads and relationship problems as of now. But looking at these pictures of this particular place... I can smell the coffee (I did sipped a bit from my dad's cup heheh) and remember the best of times... LIFE isn't always that bleak. Look for the silver lining behind that cumulonimbus cloud! ;p

No comments: