Friday, December 22, 2006

My Damaged Hair

Good morning!

Such a great Friday after a good night rest (yeah la... I was so damn tired yesterday that the moment my head hit the pillow I dozed off). Feels refreshed though there's a worry that keeps nudging at my mind (I haven't finished revising for the computer test for KPP (Kurikulum Pendidikan Pemandu)). Heheheh...

Early morning I was given a short training on the Aspect & Impact on the Environmental. Fuuuuhhhh... this is going to be my next big project. I think I'll be staying late for work next month to finish off this project. Basically we're handling the studies for the whole plant (as in F&NCC Beverage) and the administration bit as well (as in F&NCC Malaysia S/B).

Well anyway that's not the main topic for today. Today I'm going to brag about my hair and its problems. If you read
this article, you'll know that I've been having hair structure problems since more than a year ago. It started to sorta bear fruit (heheh) like grainy and all that. The popular reason for this is to contain your hair (like inside a scarf, etc.) when it is damp. But I don't think that's the real problem.

I've been using Pantene for Dry Hair all my life. Then after I finished my degree I shifted to Rejoice. I used it like 3 times & felt that it is REALLLLYYY not suitable for my hair. Dried it off, becomes lifeless & all. Then I stopped and back to Pantene up until 2 weeks ago. If all of you notice, Pantene had changed its packaging a few times before. For an international manufacturing company, changing packaging does not mean changing packaging per se. Usually there are changes in formulation, ingredients, names and policy as well. For example, the Pantene for Dry Hair which was in a green labelled bottle had changed its name into Balance (or something like that) then recently it changed again (into new bottle with the dark blue cap, name changed too!). Although the packaging & name changed I still stupidly stick to the green bottle Pantene thinking that the formulation is the same. But it is essentially NOT because the aftereffects are different. After shampooing my hair usually feels like it is over dry. And the tutty fruity hair persist (if not getting worse).

So 2 weeks ago I changed to Loreal Elseve Anti-Breakage.

The first impression:
Smells (for shampoo & conditioner): great fruity smell, but while applying it smells like when you are in a hair salon. I've always hated that smell. However thank God after rinsing it off the smells revert back to its original. I figured it must be the chemical doing its job on the hair.

Lathering: The shampoo lather up quite good. But you still have to use quite a lot of quantity. As for the conditioner, it is not so milky and sticky as Pantene's (which is good) and it rinses off perfectly. Plus it spreads evenly even though you're only using a little bit amount of it.

Cleansing effects (shampoo): It cleanses off good, it does not made your hair feels like its been stripped off your scalp. However, I've been having this itchy scalp episode lately. Maybe because I used so little amount of the shampoo. These few days when I apply more quantity, I'm not having itchy scalp anymore. The conditioner just feels great. Even at the 1st application you can feel the difference of your hair. Feels smooth and all that.

Overall review: Altogether aside from several downside I'd still give this shampoo & conditioner 4 out of 5 stars! Hehehh... I'm still waiting to see either this shampoo will get rid of the fruity problem of my hair. Anybody who's trying to treat their damaged hair, use THIS!

P/s: I'll be trying the Smooth-Intense soon after I finished off the Anti-Breakage. So look forward for its review of the combination of Smooth-Intense shampoo & conditioner, Anti-Breakage masque.

No comments: