Thursday, March 29, 2007

Glory & Fame

Glory is like a circle in the water,
Which never ceaseth to enlarge itself,
Till by broad spreading it disperses to naught.
~ William Shakespear ~
Greatest English dramatist & poet (1564 - 1616)

Today's topic is GLORY & FAME. I'm currently out of ideas so I'll make this quick.

It's always surprising how just a little bit of publicity will either push you to glory or your downfall. And the grapevine system in our culture is so efficient that news can travel equally fast with the internet speed. I've been having a little bit of this fast-fame lately and truthfully it is a little bit suffocating for a person who doesn't like being in the limelight like me. Well, OK, everybody likes to be in the limelight but up to a certain degree. For me, there's nothing wrong with having your 15-minutes of fame like what Andy Warhol said, but if it involves your phone to ring profusely, your e-mail spammed and your privacy intruded, I really would prefer to be nobody. Then again... glory & fame won't last long. Because it keeps on spreading and growing until eventually the waves will fade.

No comments: