Monday, December 18, 2006

Books! Books!! And MORE BOOKS!

I've ALWAYS been hooked on books. Ever since I was little, starting when I was 4. My dad took a picture of me reading (or TRYING to read). Actually my dad just bought us a whole series of books on the history of Malaya (told in story books so as to attract children). I still remember the book I took and (tried) to read was the red book about Mahsuri & Langkawi with a woman tied to a tree as the front cover. It was the starting point of all things... probably the point in life that shaped who I am today.

When I grew a little bit older and picked that red book again to read (really read it this time!), it had felt very familiar & real. As if I have actually read the book when I was holding it as a 4 year-old. The mutual feelings made me feel very connected with books until today. Amazing how little things can change and shape your whole life... Anyway, last weekend there was another of Payless Books booksale! Yeah and as an avid reader I didn't miss the chance to further 'koyakkan' lagi my old worn out wallet. Hehehhe... I spent RM 62 that day and get 14 books! Cheap bargain right??? The titles although a little bit outdated (it's second hand afterall... duh...) were really great especially on home & crafts (favourite subject in our family), so that is why most of the books I borong was on this particular subject. Heheh...

To my 'salivating' sister... check out these titles!!! I snapped the pictures especially for you to drool over! Hehehehhe


No comments: